In order to become a member of the Florida Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (FAND), please join the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and select Florida as your affiliate. Membership in the Academy offers many great benefits. Membership with FAND provides additional access to educational events, networking, and leadership opportunities that will strengthen your career and enhance our growing profession.
FAND works on your behalf and the profession in the following ways:
Empowers and promotes Registered Dietitians/Nutritionists (RDN) and Licensed Dietitians/Nutritionists (LDN) as the recognized nutrition experts
- Provides dynamic science-based education programs with Continuing Professional Education Units (CPEU) required for maintenance of the RDN and LDN credentials
- Actively involved in public policy and advocates the dietetics profession to Florida lawmakers
- Builds relationships with other companies and organizations with similar interests in promoting health and nutrition-related messaging
- Publishes the highly-respected Manual of Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Awards scholarships and stipends to deserving students and members through our Foundation, which is funded by generous donations
- Provides important and relevant communication to members via e-mail and/or social media
- Provides leadership opportunities for members
- Provides networking opportunities for dietetics professionals throughout the state and supports activities at the local/district level
We hope you join us!
Consider joining our 3,000+ members statewide as we work toward our mission of empowering our members to promote optimal nutrition and health for all Floridians.