Mission of the Nominating Committee
To ensure continued service to the dietetics profession and community, the Nominating Committee will identify an adequate number of capable and willing members to run for various offices in the Association .
The Nominating Committee
There are six members of the Nominating Committee: five are elected and the sixth is the past President, who serves as a nonvoting member for the year following their presidency.
The five elected members each serve a two year term. Two members are elected in odd years, and three members are elected in even years. The committee chair is chosen by committee members during the month of July .
The Responsibilities of the Nominating Committee
- Maintain the Leadership base
- Solicit nominees
- Contact potential candidates for vacating offices
- Collect ballot information from willing candidates
- Compile a slate of candidates and present to Headquarters for preparation of a ballot for the election in March
- Notify nominees who were not chosen for the ballot
- Notify candidates and the President of election results in April
- Prepare mid year and end year reports
Positions Elected in Odd Years
Positions Elected Designated Years
Click Here to print the Nomination Form for upcoming election available from June 1st through December 15 annually.