Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of people – our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented, compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to “Always Do The Right Thing!”
About this role
Our Dietician oversees the dietary program and menu planning, documents patient nutritional information, represents the department in clinical care committee, and assists the management as necessary to ensure that the patient nutritional needs are met.
*Excellent Opportunity for Career Growth
What you bring to the table
● Associates degree from an accredited collage with a major in food and nutrition is required
● A Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university with a major in foods and nutrition is preferred
● Above average interpersonal skills
● Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels within the facility, in addition to a variety of outside customers with varying interests
● Good writing skills
● Must be able to thoroughly and effectively document all work performed in the position
● Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department
● Should be eligible to take the registration exam for dieticians/diet technicians
What you will do
- Assess the nutitional status needs of a patient.
- Provides nutritional counseling to patients and their families, if necessary.
- Prepares all patients' diet cards.
- Inputs all dietary and nutritional information. Maintains all records of patient's nutritional history.
- Approves and helps design cycle menus.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Health and safety are our top priorities. To protect Wellpath staff and patients from the spread of COVID-19, each team member is equipped with PPE based on CDC criteria and best practices. Furthermore, we've implemented additional cleanings and we will continue to follow social distancing protocols.