We are hiring a full-time Certified Dietary Manager here at Oak Hammock in Gainesville, FL. This is a new position as we have previously used a consulting service. Oak Hammock at the University of Florida is no ordinary retirement community. We have totally reinvented the concept by creating an innovative community focused on lifelong learning, fitness, and health. Situated in a picturesque, resort-style environment, enhanced by intellectual stimulation and interesting neighbors, and energized by our unique university affiliation, Oak Hammock is a retirement destination where life, learning, and nature meet.
We believe team members are our greatest resource and are looking for people who share our commitment to provide quality care for seniors and their families. Do you appreciate working with others as a team to provide the very best care in a fast-paced environment? Do you have a high level of energy? Are you flexible and reliable? Do you want to have fun? If yes, then we need to talk! Our residents look forward to the best care and that starts with you!
We offer a competitive salary and robust benefit package. Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, company paid life, AD&D, short and long term disability, generous paid time off, and a scholarship program for continuing your education. We help you achieve your professional goals and you can help us build a great team. Please visit our website at www.oakhammock.org and click on our career stab. The Certified Dietary Manager position is located under skilled nursing openings.
Job Title: Bilingual (Spanish) Diabetes Coach (Care Lead) Status: Full-Time
Reports To: CDE Manager
Language: English, Bi-Lingual (Spanish and Other Languages)
ABOUT GOOD MEASURES
Good Measures is a rapidly growing company that is revolutionizing health and nutrition. Good Measures combines nutrition science, personalized coaching, and digital tools to offer people a convenient, effective way to improve their health.
We are currently seeking a Diabetes Coach who will utilize our coaching model in combination with state- of-the-art digital tools to support people living with type 2 diabetes. Good Measures offers a competitive salary. Remote candidates will be considered.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide support and coaching to adults living with type 2 diabetes and other conditions. Coaching is predominantly over computer (messaging) and phone.
- Assist members in creating a healthy vision and goals for overall health and well-being.
- Execute care plans within outlined scope of practice.
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to provide member-centered care.
- Assist with inbound and outbound calls for a variety of Good Measures clients.
- This role requires heavy computer and phone use and the ability to spend most of the day working on and with various systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in a health-related field or at least 2-5 years’ experience in a health-related field.
- Nutrition, diabetes or healthcare background strongly preferred.
- Must be fluent in Spanish both verbal and written communication.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and some holidays.
- Must be comfortable using and applying technology to member support practices and objectives, and able to learn computer software/applications quickly.
- Good Measures has a collaborative working style and culture; candidates must be able to contribute in a group setting as well as give and receive feedback.
- Self-starter and ability to self-manage in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills, including written, oral and listening.
- Strong relationship-building and problem-solving skills.
- Empathy and commitment to member-centered care.
- Attention to accuracy and detail. Conceptual thinker.
- Must be organized and able to manage time efficiently.
- Ideal candidates will have a desire to go the extra mile to provide excellent customer service, and have the willingness and ability to respond to changing circumstances and expectations.
- Preferred experience: use of behavioral techniques, such as motivational interviewing; direct experience supporting people living with diabetes, hypertension, cardiac disease or depression.
If you are interested in this role, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
COPYRIGHT © 2020 GOOD MEASURES, LLC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.