UF Health Shands Hospital
Your story of inspired care starts here.
Join UF Health, the Southeast’s most comprehensive academic health center and part of one of the nation’s top 10 public research universities.
You’ll provide clinical nutrition care to patients, demonstrating knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span; assessing data reflective of the patient’s status; evaluating nutritional status; and developing, implementing, monitoring and documenting nutrition care plans. You will also serve as a resource with development of age-specific education materials and instruction of dietetic students.
• Relocation offered.
• Full-time, various shifts available.
Minimum education and experience requirements:
• Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in clinical dietetics.
• Completion of an Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics-approved dietetic program.
• Master’s degree preferred.
• Prefer three to five years of clinical experience with two in a clinic setting.
• Must possess thorough knowledge of nutrition assessment and nutrient requirements, as well as current theory and practices of dietetics for this patient population.
• Familiarity with research procedures and protocols desirable.
• Must be able to maintain CPR certification.
• Needs strong communication skills and the ability to positively interact with professional and non-professional hospital and health science center personnel.
• Must be able to participate as a team member of the interdisciplinary team.
• Must successfully pass an FBI Level 2 screening for this position.
• Must have passed or be eligible to take the dietetic registration exam.
• Must be a State of Florida-licensed dietitian/nutritionist or be eligible for same.
• Within six months of starting employment, must have passed both the registration exam and become licensed as a dietitian/nutritionist in the state of Florida. Otherwise, failure to do so will result in non-continuation of employment.
Benefits to fit your life.
As you would expect from an organization this size, our core benefits include medical insurance and prescription drug plans, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, generous paid time off, ten paid holidays per year and an employee assistance plan. Voluntary benefits include tuition reimbursement, dependent care and health care reimbursement accounts, dental insurance, vision plan and more. Retirement benefits include a 403(b) plan.
We invite you to join our team! Our work and passion for excellence are intended to have an impact beyond the communities in which we serve.
Learn more: https://shands.careers.
UF Health Shands Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and drug-free workplace. Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.