UF Health Shands Hospital
Open a new chapter in your career as the Assistant Director, Clinical Nutrition at UF Health Shands Hospital, a nationally renowned hospital and one of Forbes’ top employers in Florida.
This full-time, supervisor-level position will allow you to play a vital role overseeing the dietary services and nutrition activities for our hospitalized and clinic patients. As our Assistant Director of Clinical Nutrition, you’ll be able to maximize your skills and experience to support the health, wellness and recovery of patients. This role will allow you to:
• Oversee a team of skilled clinical registered dieticians, including planning, organizing, staffing, directing and controlling performance.
• Supervise Enteral Nutrition Support Technicians responsible for mixing tube feedings and supplement distribution for hospitalized patients and Dietetic Technicians responsible for screening and referring nutritionally at-risk patients.
• Ensure patient food quality and compliance with local, state, federal and other regulatory agencies.
• Maintain budgets, support cost-containment processes and maximize revenue.
• Participate in clinical quality assessments, improvement (QAI) processes and special projects, as necessary, for the provision of nutrition services to patients.
• Represent FNS on hospital-wide clinical committees focused on patient care coordination and improvement.
• Provide and document clinical dietetic services, including nutrition assessment and medical nutrition therapy PRN.
• Evaluate patient’s progress toward therapeutic goals and assist with discharge planning.
• Participate in menu planning and clinical aspects associated with menu modification.
• Provide education and implementation associated with nutrition-related information systems.
• Coordinate nutritional care with other patient care services.
• Provide psychosocial counseling for individuals, families and groups with emphasis on nutrition intervention and lifestyle management.
• Develop nutrition educational and resource materials.
• Serve as a coordinator and instructor for dietetic students’ rotations within the clinical setting.
• Serve on affiliated site advisory boards.
• Coordinate volunteer activities for the department.
Successful candidates should be Florida-licensed or eligible dieticians who have completed at least a four-year degree with studies related to clinical dietetics. Master’s degree in Nutrition is preferred and have completed an American Dietic Association-approved dietic program, preferably with CCNSD, CPS, CDE certifications. Applicants should have at least five years of experience in dietetics practice, preferably with two years of hospital supervisory experience. We are seeking candidates with strong knowledge of departmental and hospital organization, marketing, food service products, coordination and assessment of nutritional care for all age groups, and performance management, as well as excellent leadership and communication skills. Applicants must be familiar with TPN and tube feedings for neonatal to geriatric patients and have CPR certification. Valid driver’s license and current insurance are required for this role.
Our Assistant Director, Clinical Nutrition opportunity offers competitive compensation between $31.16 and $41.10/hour (commensurate with experience), exceptional full-time benefits including comprehensive health and dental, tuition assistance and generous PTO to allow you to explore and discover all that Florida has to offer.
Apply today for this career-defining opportunities at https://shands.careers.
Or submit your resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
UF Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V and drug-free workplace.