First Name: Hannah
Last Name: Rose
Company Name: A/B Consulting
City: New York
US States: NY
Job Position Offered: Registered Dietitian – Florida Food-as-Medicine Pilot Job
Job Status: Part-time
Job Description: Job Summary: On behalf of a highly confidential client, A/B is seeking a registered dietitian with expertise in food -as-medicine to join their team as a subject matter expert for a stealth nutrition insight product. The ideal candidate will be responsible for analyzing the output of the product for clinical accuracy and applicability, ensuring that patients receive the best possible advice on using food-as-medicine for managing their health conditions. The dietitian will work directly with patients providing guidance and support as they implement dietary changes recommended by the product. The work will take place on site at clinics in the greater Tampa/Orlando, Florida area, in a part-time capacity (~10 hours/week), for approximately an 11 month period starting May 2023.
• Review and analyze the output of the nutrition insight product for clinical accuracy and applicability, using evidence-based research and clinical expertise to ensure that patients receive the best possible advice on using food-as-medicine for managing their health conditions and those of their families.
• Package these insights into clinical advice and deliver them in a clinic setting to patients enrolled in the pilot program.
• Provide subject matter expertise on food-as-medicine, including nutrition science, dietary guidelines, and emerging research, to inform the development and improvement of the product.
• Collaborate with product development teams to ensure that the nutrition insight product accurately reflects the latest scientific evidence and clinical guidelines on food-as-medicine.
• Work directly with patients in our pilot sites in Florida and potentially other field sites, providing guidance and support as they implement dietary changes recommended by the product.
• Conduct assessments, develop individualized nutrition plans, and monitor patients’ progress, communicating with their healthcare providers as needed to ensure a coordinated approach to their care.
• Provide training and support to healthcare providers and other team members to ensure that they have the knowledge and skills needed to effectively use the product and provide patients with high-quality nutrition care.
• Give regular and timely feedback to the product team about the accuracy and usability of the nutritional product outputs.
• Registered Dietitian (RD) credential and current Florida state licensure in good standing
• Master’s degree in nutrition or related field preferred
• Minimum of 5 years of experience as a registered dietitian, with expertise in food -as-medicine
• Strong clinical knowledge and experience in the application of evidence-based nutrition interventions for managing chronic health conditions.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with patients, healthcare providers, and other team members.
• Experience with digital health products and the ability to use technology to enhance patient care.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
• Experience working with other healthcare professionals (e.g., CHWs, social workers) in support of social determinants needs of underserved populations.
• Experience working with patients with chronic health conditions and comorbidities including pre-diabetes, diabetes, and hypertension.
If you are passionate about using food-as-medicine to improve patient health and want to be part of an innovative team developing a new nutrition insight product, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.