The Villages Health is seeking a full time Registered Dietitian (RD) to provide high quality medical nutrition therapy to patients in the primary care setting.
The Dietitian is responsible for providing comprehensive assessment, care coordination services, disease education and self-management support with patients who have chronic health conditions, specifically but not limited to diabetes, chronic kidney disease, and obesity. The RD will raise the standards of care through ethical practice and compliance with the Commission of Dietetic Registration and state licensing agency, and abide by the Code of Ethics for the Profession of Dietetics, as established by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
- Current certification with the Commission on Dietetic Registration and
- Licensure with the Dietetics and Nutrition Practice Council through the Florida Department of Health required.
- Bachelor’s degree in nutrition sciences, or related field required; Master’s preferred.
- Prior experience with chronic disease nutrition counseling, including Diabetes, preferred.
- Current credentialing with Medicare helpful.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and a have ability to quickly learn any specific departmental software that may be required.
- Must be extremely organized and flexible to adjust to multiple task requests and changing priorities.
- Proven experience as a self-starter who can work with little direction.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- High level of emotional intelligence.
- Setting, defining, assigning, monitoring, and evaluating outcomes of tasks and goals.
- Skill in problem solving, and able to identify problems and recommend solutions.
- Read, interpret, and apply organizational and department policies and procedures.
- Flex communication style based on audience.
- Establish priorities and coordinate work activities, multiple tasks, projects, and schedules.
- Project positive and professional image.
- Establish and develop effective working relationships.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of employees; facilitate group processes and change.
- Develop/make effective presentations and serve as a trainer when qualified.
The Villages is the nation’s fastest-growing metropolitan statistical area, now with more than 120,000 people. It has been known as Florida’s Friendliest Hometown and is striving to be known as America’s Healthiest Hometown as well.
The Villages Health is a growing multi-specialty group practice, patient-centered, primary-care driven, and community based. We have been committed to excellence and as a result have the highest quality in Florida as measured by HEDIS and the highest service as measured by CAHPS. The Villages Health ranked in the top 1% of the nation’s health systems for quality measurements and as the #1 physician group in North and Central Florida.
We offer a full benefit package including 401K with match and so much more. Our community is lovely and for employees with young families, we have an Employer Based Charter School that ranks #7 in the state (a private school education, free to our employees).
Join us and our team of providers who have all partnered together to build a care model in The Villages to be patient-centered and community-focused. We want to welcome you to the future of quality healthcare now in The Villages, America’s Healthiest Hometown!
For more information call or send your CV directly to:
Amy Wixted, MPH, CHES, CIC, Wellness and Education Manager
P: (352) 753-6214